Early and accurate diagnosis of a disease is preliminary for the treatment which depends entirely on skilled hands to operate medical lab equipment and perform accurate laboratory tests. Therefore, an academic program is urgently needed which can train and enable professionals to perform accurate lab tests, handle modern laboratory equipment & instruments and have potential to use latest scientific methods for precise detection, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology is a four-year program that aims to train students in the basic Medical Laboratory Techniques used in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Blood bank, Microbiology and Histopathology laboratories. This program will provide the advanced knowledge of medical laboratory sciences facilitating the diagnostic services in the hospitals and research activities at higher teaching, diagnostic and reference centers.
This program will be implemented by qualified faculty in well-equipped laboratories, purposefully build lecture halls along with the facility of physical as well as digital library. A real exposure in the clinical laboratory will be given to the students by terminal research projects and clinical clerkships.
- Learn and apply theory and techniques in the medical pathology laboratory.
- Avoid problems pertaining to collecting, transporting, handling and conducting tests on laboratory samples
- Confidently and correctly carry out all the benchwork required for diagnostic tests in various disciplines of pathology.
- Demonstrate proper handling and preventative maintenance of instruments.
- Convey timely laboratory results to the clinicians
- Perform and monitor quality control in the laboratory.
- Assist the consultants in research.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and decision-making.
Scope of BS MLT in Pakistan
Many students think about the field/program that What is medical lab technology scope in Pakistan, especially while deciding on a career path. The basic answer to this troubling question is that there is a significant demand for both the employment market and the field of medical laboratory technology.
Because of the growing range of healthcare systems, the scope of medical laboratory technology is expanding. Our healthcare system is rapidly growing, and new technologies are continuously being developed, which makes diagnosis simpler. Medical laboratory technology’s significance is recognized by healthcare professionals. That is why the medical lab technology scope in Pakistan is quite high.
BS MLT Specializations:
After completing the medical lab technology bachelor’s program, you can pick from the main specializations listed below. The significance of the career opportunities in medical lab technology in Pakistan is focused upon in these specialized fields due to the high medical lab technology scope in Pakistan.
- Clinical Chemists
- Clinical Microbiologists
- Transfusion Scientists
- Diagnostic Cytologists
- Clinical Genetics Professionals
- Medical lab technologist
- Medical laboratory scientist
- Pharmacy technician
- Medical technician
- Respiratory therapist
- Pathology technician
- MRI technician
- Dental machine technician
- Optical laboratory technician
- BS MLT (4 Year’s Program): F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks (‘B’ grade)
- 25 seats are available on merit basis for Pharm. D program